Cloud adoption is a major undertaking by any enterprise looking to reduce costs, mitigate risks, and achieve scalability. Let our team of experts take your business through cloud adoption with an effective cloud strategy. We help you quickly launch a successful cloud initiative and realize the benefits of cloud technology to remain competitive.
We leverage best practices and solutions from successful engagements to identify the role of the cloud in your enterprise and ensure a fruitful cloud adoption. Our mission is to provide a custom cloud strategy for business agility instead of a one-size-fits-all approach. With Xodyak as your partner, your business accesses vital partnership and guidance in cloud consulting and delivery phases for successful cloud deployment.
Our mission is to provide a custom cloud strategy for business agility instead of a one-size-fits-all approach. With Xodyak as your partner, your business accesses vital partnership and guidance in cloud consulting and delivery phases for successful cloud deployment.
Our typical 5 phase approach:
Phase 1: Workshop (2-5 days)
- Meet your team during a workshop to review our cloud approach and align goals and objectives. Like in any business project, the people participating and their input quality determine the launch’s success. Managing cloud adoption and creating an ideal cloud strategy is a meticulous process, hence the need for cohesion among all cloud team members.
- Assemble all cloud computing objectives and goals for your enterprise. What are your goals for agility, budgeting, scalability, compliance, coverage, and availability?
- Determine the pricing of cloud adoption and the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of cloud deployment. We audit your current IT infrastructure, estimate future IT infrastructure costs and cloud migration costs, and cloud operation costs.
- Highlight business drivers and requirements to develop a sound cloud strategy and financial model. Business drivers are vital for your enterprise to thrive, and as such, identifying the impact of the cloud on their operations ensures a smooth transition into a cloud-based environment.
- Identify fundamental security and governance requirements to protect your data and intellectual property while ensuring compliance. We detect risks in the cloud landscape within hardware and software, during the migration process and upgrades and identify security controls and risk mitigation strategies to protect your business. We also develop a framework for ensuring access to cloud resources within budget and compliance constraints.
- Outline high-level use cases to identify related issues for later elaboration and create Proof of Concept (POCs) to test all solutions before deployment. Since there’s no one-size-fits-all, it’s vital to test each idea.
- Develop actionable steps for each phase of the cloud plan for reliable, traceable, and realistic cloud adoption.
Phase 2: Assess & Plan (3-6 weeks)
- Assess your current environment. We determine apps that should migrate to the cloud, existing IT infrastructure (storage, servers, databases, networks, backup, and programs), and costs and resources (servers, employees, maintenance, and security).
- Identify essential requirements, concerns, controls, and constraints for your cloud plan. We help you identify your data, security, privacy, budget, training, cloud type, backup, reporting, and access requirements. We also identify important controls to ensure data and intellectual property safety over the cloud, such as passwords, credentials, authentication, encryption, and access control. Xodyak also identifies constraints to your cloud plans, such as security risks, downtime, vulnerabilities, vendors, and costs.
- High-level project plan. At this stage, we focus on the requirements, deliverables, resources, dependencies, and tracking for the cloud strategy. Each step is comprehensive, with all the tasks required to execute the cloud strategy.
- Detailed pricing and TCO estimates based on the high-level project plan.
- Identification of pilot applications for migration. This provides an opportunity to identify how the cloud strategy works for the entire enterprise in practice. It’s a chance to recognize and mitigate the risks of cloud deployment before committing substantial resources.
- Prioritization of critical path dependencies to create the ideal sequence and timeframe for critical project tasks. We also identify the risks that may limit the project’s completion in a timely and budgeted manner and constraints that affect the fulfillment of the cloud plan.
- Alignment of stakeholders on a roadmap to ensure that the cloud deployment rolls off pragmatically for the enterprise and create success criteria to establish measurable outcomes. We also align your resources to the people for effective cloud migration.
Phase 3: Build (TBD)
- Assess the current environment. What are the available resources, costs, and existing IT environment?
- Identify key requirements, concerns, controls, and constraints for your cloud plan. Cloud computing transforms, and planning for change ensures a smooth transition into the cloud environment.
- High-level project plan according to current circumstances and changes.
- Pricing and TCO estimation. This step ensures that you remain ahead of your finances and remain prepared for unprecedented requirements and challenges.
- Identification of pilot applications for migration. How practical is the cloud plan? What are cloud adoption risks? How can you mitigate risks?
- Prioritization of critical path dependencies, risks, and constraints to complete the project within time, budget, and scope constraints.
- Alignment of stakeholders on a roadmap, success criteria, and resources. What are the expectations, how can you meet them, how can you acquire feedback and adjust current plans to meet stakeholder expectations and needs?
Phase 4: Migration (TBD)
- Build program management team to manage deliverables, determine methodology, manage timelines, provide regular updates, and establish project plans for migration targets (resources for each application, costs, cloud environment, cloud service provider, governance, security, and timelines).
- Security and governance control implementation. Migrating to the cloud disrupts current governance, and it’s crucial to identify internal cloud team and external vendor responsibilities. We also help you create deterrent, preventative, corrective, and detective controls for the cloud environment.
- Operational transformation and cloud service management. It’s vital to consider the transfer of managed services into cloud services, automation, virtualization, data sovereignty, customer visibility, access, backup, and best practices in operational transformation. We also layout the cloud service management to promote agility, speed, reliability, and performance of all cloud applications.
- Workloads and data migration/production cutover. We help you identify workloads that require migration, including but not limited to storage, backup, and applications. What are the rules around their migration to ensure availability, access, security, and maintenance?
- Knowledge transfer and enablement. How can you ensure that knowledge continually flows throughout the organization and is available to current employees as they transition into new roles, new hires, and future team members? How can you build a collaborative, informed, and aligned workforce?
- Post-migration support and handoff of applications. Focus on changing control requests, remediating, installing new vendor-recommended software, re-cabling, zoning, verifying, replicating, and shredding data.
- Economic alignment and controls. This entails organizing business elements in a manner that fulfills economic and overall company goals.
- Executive presentation, training, and handoff. Precise communication across the organization reduces confusion, improves acceptance, upskills staff, reduces security risks, and ensures smooth cloud transition. Training ensures that all enterprise members understand how to use and navigate cloud-based environments, access support, and play their cloud security role. We also prepare an executive presentation to update senior management and present our accomplishments officially.
Phase 5: Operations & Maintenance (Ongoing)
- Offload the maintenance and operations of your cloud environment, enabling your team to focus on what they do best.
- High availability architecture design to ensure optimal performance and availability even during high loads to reduce downtime. Distributing workloads by using multiple servers, scaling databases, diversifying geographical locations, and introducing best practices such as data replication and backup, clustering, servers with failover capabilities, and load balancing.
- Disaster recovery to ensure that your business bounces back after an unplanned event and automated backups to support business continuity, cost-effectiveness, flexibility, ease-of-use, and security.
- Cloud audit readiness by establishing controls for communication, security incidents, networks, risk management, data management, vulnerability, and change management. We also help you ensure compliance by meeting certification and following regulations relevant to your cloud computing technologies and industry.
- Integration with on-premise or private cloud environments with API options, workload, and user access in mind.
Key aspects of our strategy
Cloud Computing Strategy & Roadmap Services
Utilizing the cloud delivers unparalleled agility, efficiency and innovation, but only when implemented through a comprehensive cloud strategy. We have designed, developed and implemented cloud solutions for enterprise customers across a variety of industries. This broad perspective provides our clients with unprecedented insights into how industry leaders use the cloud and what is required to leverage its full potential.
Cloud Security & Governance Services
No business or IT executive can afford to overlook the critical risks posed by an inadequate understanding of security and governance. However, when considering the cloud, many organizations neglect the need for healthy operational processes and security procedures that should be built into every cloud computing implementation. We can help to create the security models that are needed for your organization.
Application Migration Services
We provide fast and cost-effective ways to migrate your workloads to the cloud. Whether it’s through rapid POC models, Pilot programs, or Hybrid cloud solutions our team of experts will get you there successfully.